Tuesday, April 16, 2024

PRESSURE ...........................

 PRESSURE


Hello if you find yourself here again!  I hope you're staying safe in today's wild tornado watch weather.  😉


pres·sure
/ˈpreSHər/
noun
  1. 1.
    continuous physical force exerted on or against an object by something in contact with it.
    "the slight extra pressure he applied to her hand"
  2. 2.
    the use of persuasion, influence, or intimidation to make someone do something.
    "the many pressures on girls to worry about their looks"

Above is the definition of 'Pressure'.  We all have pressure in our lives from time to time, don't we?  Whether it's physical pressure or stressful pressure, sooner or later, we all feel it.

How do YOU handle pressure..... that of the stressful kind?  Do you go for a walk, hit the gym, seek out professional therapy or talk to a friend?  Have there ever been times when you're just fed up with a situation, but unsure how to deal with it?

I find that sometimes we cause our own stressful pressure, while at other times, the stress is coming from an outside source other than ourselves.  Maybe it's someone at home or someone at work or someone in your group chats, etc... 

Have you ever tried to address it yet nothing changes?  To me, that's when the EXTRA STRESSFUL PRESSURE happens.  You can address the situation in hopes that things change, but when they don't, you get even more stressed because you're unsure of how to proceed.  

Sometimes, if at work, higher ups need to be brought in and that's when things get extremely uncomfortable.  It isn't because they'll intervene to help correct the situation, it's because of the fear of not knowing what the repercussions will be as a result.  Will you be retaliated on even though it doesn't directly concern you?  Will that person get their pink slip, that you never intended for them to get?

Part of what makes up the pressure is our own thoughts ..... the dreaded 'overthinking'.  We play out a multitude of scenarios in our minds of the potentials of what COULD happen.  I'm guilty of that 100%!

Sometimes I journal, although that can be dangerous should someone find those thoughts.  I sometimes talk things out in therapy, but now my therapist has retired.  I'm happy for her, but sad for me. LOL

I try to distract myself with other things (music, tv, podcasts) while I wait for the pressure to ease up.

I'd love to hear how you handle stressful pressure.  Any tips and tricks are appreciated!!

I pray that you are happy, healthy, safe and that you have

P.E.A.C.E. in your life!

Until we meet again my friends, do your best to work on being as pressure free as humanly possible. 



















  

No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...