Sunday, April 28, 2024

Be Authentically You

                         Be Authentically You!!

It’s finally trying to sunshine today after a night of storms! ☀️ 

Here’s a question for you….

How have you been truly living your life?  Are you a people pleaser, doing whatever and saying whatever to keep those around you happy despite how the situation makes YOU feel?  

I’ve lived the majority of my life that way, doing and not doing things to keep the peace & living to everyone else’s ideals.  

I’ve always put my own feelings aside, taking on any hurt myself instead of subjecting the other person to it.  The end result was me living my life in silent misery.

As long as everyone around me was happy, then I could be happy… or so I’d convinced myself. 

I’m not truly sure where this way of thinking came from.  It could be because my father could be overbearing and I’d do what I had to in order to keep him happy…. It could be because my ex-husband was the same way 🤷🏻‍♀️.  Part of it could be because I’ve lived most of my life with imposter syndrome, never truly feeling like I fit in anywhere and always feeling judged, just wanting others to like me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

As a 55 (56 in October) year old woman who has been through ovarian cancer resulting in a complete hysterectomy & a later reoccurrence with surgery, thyroid cancer (2 different types) resulting in a thyroidectomy, a mucocel appendix resulting in an appendectomy, …. I’ve decided to do something for ME, even though I knew some family & friends wouldn’t approve.  I got my first tattoo & I love it!! 

I have to admit that it felt SO GOOD to truly do something for me & making myself happy! 😊 

Stop trying to keep others happy!  I’m not saying you should be a jerk.  But know that your happiness is worth so much more than you may be giving it credit for!!

Life is short!  Eat the cake, buy the crystal, get a tattoo! 

You deserve it!!

I pray that you’re healthy, happy & safe….

And I pray that you have PEACE in your life!

Be authentically YOU!!

Pia




No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...