Sunday, April 29, 2018

Learning When To Let Go............

Hi Gang!

Happy Sunday to you all!

It's sunny 😎 and 59* here in Wisconsin.  I hope you're having beautiful weather wherever you are today!

Today's Thought Path is .....
Learning When To Let Go...........................

Are you someone who loves fast and falls hard?  I'm definitely one of those people.  When I do, I put everything into it.  Unfortunately, the other person doesn't usually do that, which is heartbreaking for me.

The other heartbreaking part for me is learning when to let go.  I always hold out hope that things will change and the other person will change his mind.  That doesn't happen.

I set myself up for a letdown yet again last night.  I was singing at a function and invited someone to come to listen.  He chose to be with his friends and totally blow off my feelings.

I keep telling myself that not everyone is into everyone and that's ok.  My mind gets it, but my heart has a heck of a time accepting that.  My heart always wants to give a multitude of chances even though my brain is kicking my heart saying 'When on earth are you going to get the picture???'.  

Ahhhhh........the heart can be so easily deceived, can't it?

For most of my life I've always depended on someone else to make me happy.  I know that sounds terrible, but I guess I was conditioned that way.  If the other person was having a good day, I could have a good day as well.  If the other person was in the pit, I'd fall right in with them.  

I have so much to be thankful for in life and need to learn not to depend on anyone but God for my happiness.   He's the only one who is truly faithful and doesn't change, nor does He lie.  

Side note......the person I invited last night has messaged me this morning asking how last night went.  I've not yet responded and not sure if I even will.  I deserve so much better treatment than what he's capable of giving.  I wish him the best, but he must move on and so must I.

I had a dream the other night that I was with a man so loving and kind.  We were perfect for each other, loving each other to the fullest and could make each other laugh.  We were so supportive of one another.  It was the most beautiful dream I've ever had.  At least for a few brief moments in a dream I truly felt what it feels like to be so totally & completely loved.  I'm so thankful that God gave me that brief glimpse into how that feels.  I can only hope that God will give me that special someone someday.

If you're in any type of relationship where the person is incapable of loving you the way you need and deserve, know that it's ok to let go and move on.  You don't have to settle for less than what you deserve and neither do I.  

I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe and I pray that you have P.E.A.C.E. in your life.

Until we meet again my friends, have a wonderful and blessed week ahead!

Love,























No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...