Friday, June 8, 2018

Suicide is NOT the Answer..........................



Today's 'Thought Path' is about :
Suicide

Suicide is something that has touched my life personally.  My brother committed suicide 22 years ago and my grandfather 32 years ago.  My son had one of his best friends commit suicide just a few weeks ago and as the world has learned, we've recently lost Kate Spade and now Anthony Bourdain to this same painful tragedy.  Another one, who I greatly miss, is Robin Williams.

As I've always told my children, suicide is NOT the answer.  

Unfortunately, there are those who are in such a dark mental place that it's difficult for them to see the brighter side of life.  The recent deaths show us that no matter how much money you have, it CAN'T buy you happiness.  

Related image

Mental health awareness needs to be brought out even more into the light.  People need help via counseling and sometimes medication as well and there's NOTHING wrong with either of those things.

For years, so many people have been ridiculed for going to see a therapist or as some refer to them, a 'shrink'.  People who've gone to counseling were considered freaks...only crazy people see a shrink...etc...

That is WRONG!  You go to the doctor when you have the flu or a cold.  You go to the doctor if you need surgery or a cast for a broken bone.  So WHY is it such a stigma to go to a doctor for your mental health?  

We need to change the way the world views mental health.  If more people would seek mental health help, I believe we could lower  suicides, murders and homicides drastically.  

If  someone you care about is dealing with suicidal thoughts, please don't ignore it.  They're trying to reach out for help.  Be there as a source of support and encourage them to talk to a professional.  Let them know that it's ok to seek help and that you'll walk alongside them as a source of support.

We ALL need help sometimes.  Whether it's someone you care about or it may be you, the one reading this blog.  Know that you ARE loved and cared about.  Don't be afraid to reach out for help and don't stop until you find the help you need.  

I, myself, have been to therapy many times.  I'm also on an anti-anxiety/depression medication and I'm not afraid to tell you that.  It was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself.

Just know that if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me.  I have a good listening ear!

I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe and I pray that you have P.E.A.C.E. in your life.

NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
1-800-273-8255

Until we meet again my friends, be safe and know that you're greatly loved.

Love,

















No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...