Monday, March 11, 2024

Feeling Thankful

 Feeling Thankful


Spring has nearly sprung and its been a hot minute since my last post.  I've moved on to a new job, but still living in the same home.  That may change, but for now, I'm just taking life one day at a time. 

As I live my life, my new job continues to remind me to be thankful and to NOT take anything for granted.  Life can change in a heartbeat and we need to appreciate where we are and all that we have.  

I see people I know who were once vivacious, now going through the throws of hell that life is putting them through for whatever reason.  I stop in my tracks and reflect on the things I've gone through and how thankful I am to be where I am today vs where I could be.

NO, I'm not making this about myself, per say, just that these encounters help to remind me and keep me humble, remembering we never know what tomorrow may bring or even the next hour or moment.  

I feel as though, we as humans, get so wrapped up in the little things, making a mountain out of a mole hill, that we don't realize we're sweating the small stuff.  That the things we feel are huge, are no doubt not the most significant in the grand scheme of things.  (My nail broke off!  Ughhh ;  I HATE waiting in traffic!!  ;  That vehicle just passed me in a no passing zone!!  Ughhh  ;  My favorite shoe has dog poo on it!  Now what will I wear?  ; Etc...)

If only we would take a step back and ask ourselves, will this situation matter in a day, a week, a month or a year?  If the answer is no, we need to work on letting it go to retain our peace because there may come a day when the answer is yes.  

While all of our feelings are valid, it's more about how much time and/or power we give those miniscule situations.   They say life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it.  

If you have a roof over your head, food in the fridge/cupboard, running water and a comfy bed with blankets to keep you warm, you're more rich than a large percentage of the population.  

Again, your feelings are valid, whatever they are, it's just not good for your mental health to camp out in those feelings for an extended period of time.  Allow yourself to feel what you're going through.  That's the biggest issue we seem to have as humans....  We go through something, don't want to face it head on, put it 'on the back burner' to deal with another day and forget about it................... Until one day, when something small and insignificant happens, that becomes the tipping point and all of those feelings of anger, rage, sadness, (issues you never dealt with to begin with) etc... come spilling out all at once.  You not only hurt yourself, but hurt all those innocently around you in the process.  

Let's face it.  This life is challenging to navigate.  Sometimes we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.  We just do the best that we can in the moment we're in.  

So if you don't handle a situation perfectly, be kind to yourself and show yourself some grace.  A good night's sleep does a world of good as it makes tomorrow much brighter, with a rested mind.

So for this week, think of all you need to be thankful for and love yourself through the moments of discontent.  You deserve it! 

Until we meet again my friends.......
I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe and I pray that you have peace in your life.  
I'll catch you on the flip side!

Pia










 


No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...