Friday, September 15, 2017

Are You Looking To The Stars Or Just The Ceiling......................................................

Hi Gang!

Today we are officially at the 1/2 way point of September!  I look around at the trees and notice they're already beginning to change colors.  I think to myself, 'It's not October yet!'..... 😂😂😂

I was at a convention recently, and as usual, I was diddling around with my phone while listening to the presenter.  Professional?  No, but I'm just trying to be honest.  While doing that, I accidentally bumped the camera on my phone and I could see the ceiling lights.  I felt the Lord speak to me asking if I in my daily life was I looking as far as the stars or was I limiting myself to only looking as far as the ceiling.  I found it quite profound.

So many days, like yesterday, I find that I'm only looking as far as the ceiling, limiting my vision to what's immediately in front of my eyes in the natural.  I end up letting my flesh get the better of me and get so wrapped up in the here and now vs seeking God's face and asking Him what He'd have me do in a particular situation.  

The enemy is quite conniving and full of deceit.  Always looking to destroy our lives, he works on getting us so focused on self that we neglect to look beyond..........only giving us a vision of the ceiling and all the issues that the ceiling has pressing down on us.  

I have to be completely honest and say that yesterday I was riding the struggle bus, BIG TIME.  So many things were weighing down on my mind and I felt as though I was falling back into an old pattern.  What pattern, you ask?  The pattern of only feeling good if a certain someone is talking to me, kind of depending on another for whether I feel good or not.  That's another thing I need to work on within myself to change.

We do, however, depend on others for many things.  In relationships we take for granted that unspoken feeling of comfort and peace that we naturally have when we know that someone we love will be home waiting for us when we get there; someone to talk our day over with; someone to eat dinner with; someone to snuggle with, etc....   

When you're single, you don't have that unspoken reassurance.  The enemy can sometimes use the loneliness to work on your mind. That's why having friends is important and reaching out to God first and foremost is extremely important.  

In life I want us all to be so thankful for the blessings we have each and every day whether we're in a relationship or single.  If you ARE in a relationship, PLEASE don't take your partner for granted. Sometimes we get a bit too COMFORTABLE in the relationship and forget to let our special someone know that we love and appreciate them for being there.  May we never come so complacent that we neglect to appreciate those we love.  

I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe, and I pray that you have P.E.A.C.E. in your life.  Until we meet again my friends, have a beautiful weekend with those you love!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...