Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Feeling Alone In The Midst............... Unhealthy Thought Paths...........

Hi Gang!

We're on the final countdown to Christmas.  Are you ready?  I still have a couple things to buy, but for the most part I'm as ready as I'll ever be.  I'm just shocked at myself that I actually put up my tree! LOL



Have you ever been in the midst of a bunch of people yet felt so alone?  That happens to me more times than I care to admit to.  I struggle with feeling as though I fit in.  I've always felt that way.  I've never felt smart enough or that I 'looked' as though I fit into a particular situation or group.

I've always been the kind of person who never wants to bother anyone, who tries to handle their own issues on their own, feeling as though I'll get looked down on if I ask for help because I should be smart enough to fix things or to just not have gotten myself into certain situations in the first place.

Look, we ALL have issues.  We're ALL human beings just trying to survive in this world.  If it were someone else afraid to ask for help, I'd be the first one to tell them not to be afraid and that there's no shame in asking for help, but when it comes to myself, I have a different set of standards.  It's as if I feel as though I'm not worthy of help.  

Do you see what's happening here?  It's a mind thing. Daily we need to renew our minds.

Romans 12:2The Message (MSG)

Place Your Life Before God

12 1-2 So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

Romans 12:2New International Version (NIV)

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

When we get into these ruts of feeling lonely in a crowd or have feelings of unworthiness, we need to break those thought paths because they're just not healthy.  We need to turn our way of thinking around to a positive direction.

Proverbs 3:7-8New International Version (NIV)

                              
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.
 
8 This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones.

Proverbs 17:22English Standard Version (ESV)


A joyful heart is good medicine,
    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Acts 26:2King James Version (KJV)

I think myself happy

Something that's a wonderful help is writing in a journal.  To get your thoughts down on paper and out of your head can be a tremendous help!  Also, talking with friends, doing a project you've been putting off, going for a drive, etc.... can be great things to change your thought path.

Years ago when I was going through my divorce, my son and I would be driving along heading to go shopping and we'd be riding in silence or listening to the radio.  So many negative/anxiety filled thoughts would consume my mind and I would ask my son to talk to me about anything because my mind wasn't in a good place at the moment.  By him talking about school or friends or some joke he'd seen on Facebook or Vine (when it was still a thing LOL), would divert my mind and get me into a much better place.

Sometimes just being with someone isn't enough, sometimes you need to talk.  You don't need to always talk about those negative thoughts.  The more we dwell on them the deeper we can plunge ourselves into a place of chaos and anxiety.  Once you've shared what you're going through, talk on other things.  Get your mind on positive things.

I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe and I pray that you have P.E.A.C.E. in your life!

Until we meet again my friends, get out there and finish up your Christmas shopping! LOL



Love,

















No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...