Friday, June 23, 2017

Pressure..............

Hi Gang! 💗

Happy Friday to you all.  It's a beautiful day here and I hope it is where you are too!

As you can see by today's title, our thought path for today is about [[[PRESSURE]]].  

We all have pressure in one form or another, whether it's pressure to be at work by a certain time, or pressure to get bills paid by the due date, pressure to decide what to buy someone for a gift, pressure while you wait to find out if your loan has been approved, and the list goes on and on.  

An old saying that always rings true is "Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to what happens".  In other words, we can put ourselves under so much pressure when it isn't even necessary.  But while we live on this earth in these fleshly vessels, we're still human and don't always react from a rational, reasonable place.  

Whether we want to admit it or not, renewing the mind on a daily basis is SO necessary.  

Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 
Ephesians 4:23
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;


When we feel pressure from life, we need to divert our attention onto more pleasant things.  That's sometimes easier said than done, but it's also why it's so important that we come together with our church family so that we can build each other up, strengthening one another in the spirit.


 Hebrews 10:25 New Living Translation (NLT)
25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

 There is so much pressure in this world and as the days march on, the pressure is getting worse. 

 Matthew 24:4-8
 “See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.” 


While everyone's pressure is different, we all still have it to deal with.  We just need to remember that God is LARGE AND IN CHARGE. 

2 Chronicles 20:15  ~ New Living Translation
He said, "Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's.



If we can hold on to God's promise that He's in charge and He'll take care of us, it will give us so much peace of mind.

When I was going through my divorce 5 1/2 years ago, it was difficult for me to fall asleep due to the pressure I was feeling (how will I survive financially, where will my son and I live, am I a disappointment to God because I'm getting divorced, will everyone shun me and believe the lies being spread, etc...).  When I would lay my head down on my pillow at night, I would repeat the following:

  • I am the righteousness in Christ Jesus
  • I am the head and not the tail
  • I am above and not beneath
  • I am more than a conqueror 
  • Greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world
They soothed my spirit and soul and allowed me to be lulled into a sweet sleep.  The thing is, I had to remind myself nightly to repeat these truths that God has given us.  It got me out of my own head and away from the turmoil I was dealing with and put me in a place of peace and rest.  That's what God's word does for us.  It's why it's important to renew our minds daily when we're under all the PRESSURE of this world.

I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe and I pray that you have PEACE in your life!

Love,
 





























No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...