Monday, November 20, 2017

Trying To Heal Brokenness..........................

Happy Monday Gang!


That's actually how I felt when it was time to get out of bed this morning! LOL  The weekends just seem to go WAY TOO FAST!

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

I'm so thankful to have the Lord in my life.  Without Him, life would be terribly difficult.  My only wish is that He would be here in the flesh at times when I need someone to just sit down and talk to or when I need someone to just wrap their arms around me, because He would fully understand.


Brokenness comes in a multitude of forms, but a broken heart, to me, is one of the most difficult to mend.

I've met many, many people who have been unhappy in their marriages.  There hasn't been any type of abuse, but just that the 'spark' seems to have burned out.  I try to encourage those people to really work hard on their marriage because being single in your 40's isn't all it's cracked up to be.  

For me personally, my divorce was needed and I don't regret it at all.  But for those who have just become 'disconnected', I pray that they fight like hell to keep their marriage alive.  Remember that it takes BOTH parties to fight for it.  It can't just be one sided.  It takes compromise, humility, compassion and passion.  It takes each one to make a self assessment of themselves and to be willing to make difficult changes.  Marriage isn't easy, but a good marriage is definitely worth it.  

For those who are single and looking for love, please don't give up.  While I know it's not easy, true love is waiting out there.  Patience is key.  I know because I lack patience most of the time! LOL

In my brokenness, I waited 4 1/2 years after my divorce before even going on a date.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I just wasn't ready or prepared.  My kids kept threatening me that they were going to enter my info on 'FarmersOnly.com". LOL  

I finally made the decision to hop onto a dating website (not the one the kids threatened me with...LOL).  I don't like meeting guys in bars.  It's just not my thing.  I met one guy on the site.  Talked to him for 5 1/2 months and only saw him in person twice.............. yes, frustration...........

I met another guy that I dated for a year.  It ended up that he was more into cars than me.  We left things as friends, but I'm struggling with even talking to him because I don't want to fall back into the same situation.  The hardest part is also missing his family. :(

I went back out on a different dating site, met a guy, and he was WAY TOO PUSHY.  I'll leave it at that.

I've had many messages from many men on the site, but I'm just not attracted to them for one reason or another.  Some have just recently separated, some are atheist, some are older than I prefer, etc.....

I've been talking to someone new for about a month via texting and phone calls.  We're going to meet in person pretty soon.  Not sure how that will go.  I'm hoping it will be nice, but to be honest, I'm getting burned out and kind of preparing myself for the worst.  I know that sounds terrible, but I just don't want to set myself up for a let down......more brokenness.  

If it doesn't go well I'm definitely taking a LONG BREAK.  While I know I'm just not meant to be alone for the rest of my life, I'll just have to exercise patience.  Good luck to me on that! LOL

I believe that healing brokenness takes time.  Getting out and being with friends and family definitely helps take the mind off of the hurting heart.  But sometimes, I'd just rather sit at home alone and muddle in my own muck.  Sometimes we need that quiet time to process how we're feeling.  It doesn't mean we're strange, it's just a necessary part of the healing process.  Snuggling under the blanket with the dogs helps.  Why?  Because they love me unconditionally, they don't have any 'words of wisdom' to share, and they just want to be close to me.  Plus they're great listeners!  


They're TRULY HAPPY to see me when I come home.  They don't yell at me or make me feel bad about myself.  Who wouldn't love that?

Please remember that you're special whether you have a significant other in your life or not.  Don't give up on love.  Your soulmate is out there.  They just haven't found you yet.

I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe and I pray that you have P.E.A.C.E. in your life!

Until we meet again my friends, have a great week and I'll catch you on the flip side.

Love,


















No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...