Friday, November 10, 2017

It's OK To Ask For Help!...................................

Happy Friday Gang! 


I'm so excited!  I get to spend a couple days with someone I care about and have good conversation and laughter.  What's on your weekend agenda?  Fun, I hope!! :)

Today's thought path is one that can be difficult for some people to accept...................  It's OK to ask for help!

In this day and age, people think that asking for help is a sign of weakness.  That is FAR from true.  

I like to consider myself a 'helper'.  If I see someone struggling with something, I have a tendency to jump in and help.  I have also found out, through personal experience, that some people take offense to this even though they do NEED the help.  

A former boss of mine would struggle with the copy machine.  When I would jump up to help her, she became rude and aggressive.  After a couple of these incidents, I backed off.  It was painful for me to watch her struggle, but after a few times she finally humbled herself and asked me for help.  It had to be HER choice/decision to help her to feel better about asking.   By me just jumping in to help, it made her feel as though I was saying she was incapable, which wasn't my intent in the least.

We live in a society of independence..........'you can do it yourself, you don't need anyone's help', etc....  Now don't get me wrong.  I'm all for independence.  If we go too much the other way, we become needy.  As in all things, there is a fine balance.  

The main thing is, when you need help, please don't be afraid to ask for it.  When you're truly caught in a tough situation and can't figure things out or don't have the resources to do what you need to do, humble yourself and ask for help.  Most people will be more than happy to lend a helping hand.  

If you're anything like me, I hate to bother people, but in actuality it makes them feel needed, helpful and loved, not seeing you as a bother or a burden at all.

I've also learned that you can't help someone unless they accept the help.  Sometimes people just have to muddle in their own muck for a while to get to the humble point of reaching out.  I think we've all been there a time or two. ;)

Anyhoo.......... time to get on with the day!

I pray that you're healthy, happy, safe and I pray that you have P.E.A.C.E. in your life!

Until we meet again my friends, have an awesome weekend!

Love,





























No comments:

Post a Comment

White Coat Syndrome..........

  WHITE COAT SYNDROME.......... I'm guessing it's mostly just me, right?  Does anyone else get anxiety even days prior to a doctor a...